If you are new to React we recommend following MDN's Getting started with React
- A configured development environment
- A repository to host your code (GitHub or Azure DevOps). Your team lead or tech lead will have permissions to create a repository.
Configuring your environment
You only need to follow the common environment's configuration for React projects.
- npx create-react-app <my-app> --template @iqmetrix/cra-template --use-npm
You can add the
--use-npmoption to skip using
yarn, which is default for
Run this script and navigate to http://localhost:9000/#dev to see your application running within the Hub shell.npm start
Serving your app
It uses @iqmetrix/hub-dev-server to proxy all application requests to the specified app host.
The @iqmetrix/cra-template has all the necessary configurations and packages for you to get started. Check the API page to see what is inclused.
The react-devtools is already configured from the template. To run your app with the devtools enabled, you can do:
- Learn about the Hub Shell
- Follow the Best Practises for development
- Implement your application using the functions and components provided by frontend-packages and documented under API.
- Test your application
- Build and release your application
- Add your application to the sidebar
- Follow the guidelines to owning an app