Question: Should we have a ‘Cancel’ option as a link (old Hub) or as a default button (React Hub)?
Old (v1) Hub
New (Design System) Hub
- Consistent with what exists in many place in Hub because many places in Hub are built with v1 styling.
- Not the correct use case for button links. Button links should be used in scenarios
- where space is restricted for a button to fit such as table cells, card header actions, or as a word link a sentence
- where the button text changes to represent a selection made. Usualy in the card component's body
- Consistent with Design System use case of default buttons used to represent secondary or less important actions in a UI.
- Removing the use of button link in this scenario will making it easier to understand the actual use case of button links. The less exceptions to the Design System standards that exist in new Hub apps, the simpler selecting components will be.
- Inconsistent with existing old v1 Hub apps.
The inconsistency created in
Cancel styling between old Hub apps and new Hub apps is an acceptable cost of using the right component variations for the right use cases in the future and as recommend by the Design System.